Frequently Asked Questions About Paying Online
It is convenient, saves time, reduces errors, bills don’t get misplaced, allows you to receive bills anywhere at any time and it helps the environment by saving trees. You can continue to receive a paper bill but if you elect to go paperless, you can always print out a copy of the invoice if needed.
Paying online with a credit card or electronic check saves time, gives you the flexibility to pay how and when desired, saves money (no more stamps, paper checks or envelopes) and Invoice Cloud will store your information for future use – but only if you choose to store it.
Invoice Cloud is a web-based, electronic invoice presentment and payment company that we have partnered with to provide faster, more convenient billing services to our customers. By automating billing and collections, customers can click and pay online while helping the environment and reducing clutter in their home or workspace.
Milford Water Company wanted to make paying bills easier for their customers, but didn’t have the electronic presentment and payment systems required to display, safely process and store financial information. They chose Invoice Cloud because it is easy to use and the security is the strongest available. All the data collected is double encrypted and stored on secure servers. The data is not sold or released for any purpose other than to complete transactions.
How Does The System Work?
It is very simple. Here are the 3 steps taken by customers:
- Customer receives email notification or accesses account via the Milford Water Company website and clicks on the “View or Pay Your Bill” button.
- Customer views invoice and either enters payment information for an express payment or registers to schedule a payment.
- Customer receives an email confirmation with their payment amount and payment process date.
- When you receive an email notification that your bill is ready to be paid, simply click on the “View Invoice or Pay Now” button. You will be directed to Milford Water Company’s “Pay and/or View Bills Online” site, powered by Invoice Cloud. Once there, you will be given the opportunity to register or make an express payment. If you choose to register, you will be asked to provide a password and accept the terms and conditions to use the system. The payment information you enter in your profile will then be securely encrypted and saved for your next visit.
- You can go directly to Milford Water Company’s website and click on the pay online or pay my bill button. You will then be directed to Milford Water Company’s “Pay and/or View Bills Online” site, powered by Invoice Cloud. Once there, you will be given the opportunity to register or make an express payment. If you choose to register, you be asked to provide a password and accept the terms and conditions to use the system. The payment information you enter in your profile will then be securely encrypted and saved for your next visit.
- If you have a previous email notification, the account number is listed on the right hand side. By clicking on “View Invoice or Pay Now”, you will automatically be sent to the login page where that information will be placed in the login area for you.
- You may refer to your registration welcome email, if you have already registered.
- You may also contact the Milford Water Company’s office.
- Email notification based payment – click the “View invoice or Pay Now” button in your email
- Web based online payment – login to online bill pay via Milford Water Company’s website
- Phone payments – call Milford Water Company’s office
- Paper check – sent by whatever means you choose, including US Postal Service (note: many paper checks today are converted into electronic transactions once they are received by the biller).
How long does it take for an EFT (electronic funds transfer) transaction to process if I pay online?
Simply log into your account and change any of your personal information under my profile.
If you are unable to find the information you need in your online payment history or open invoices, please call the Milford Water Company at 508-473-5110 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m..
If you are registered, you can login (via the Milford Water Company’s website) and view the bill there or you can call the Milford Water Company and ask them to resend the email.
Please be aware that finance charges (for Commercial Accounts Only) will not be waived if this website is inoperable for any reason or if data entry errors occur. If the website is inoperable, please call the Milford Water Company.
The Milford Water Company can answer most questions at 508-473-5110 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., but if the website is down or inoperable, please call Invoice Cloud customer service at 877-256-8330 x2700.
Invoice Cloud uses the highest standards in Internet security. Account information displayed within the customer and Milford Water Company portals is truncated to protect confidential data. Any information retained is not shared with third parties.
Absolutely. Invoice Cloud will safely store all of your financial information using Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliant systems. This includes truncating (abbreviating) account numbers so that even your biller does not see your complete account information.
PCI stands for Payment Card Industry and compliance with the industry standards is a requirement for those that accept the major credit cards and for software providers who have applications which involve the transmission and/or storage of credit card information. If breaches are found on systems that are not PCI compliant, the major credit card companies have the ability to levy significant fines on the offending parties.
You and the Milford Water Company’s authorized staff. No one will have access to your financial information as all check routing numbers and credit card numbers are truncated, so you never have to worry about security. As a security precaution, we don’t even show your full financial information back to you.